Monday, April 6, 2009

2 weeks already?!

Geez, I can't believe how fast time is flying. Kendra is officially 2 weeks old today, can you believe it? I sure can't. It feels like just yesterday I was complaining about being pregnant and now I feel like I am trying to slow down the hands of time.
I guess I will start with updates about each kid. Kendra is doing well. Seems to have her days and nights a bit mixed up, meaning: I don't sleep! She chooses to sleep all day and is very quiet but come night time, she is putting on her best outfit and getting ready to go out clubbing! I swear she takes after her daddy! She had her 1 week appt. a few days ago and she weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. Doctor said she is otherwise perfect and we just need to have her weight rechecked on Wed. Her looks are starting to change a bit and her dark skin color is starting to fade. Other than that she is a very content baby and enjoys sleeping her her carseat, long car rides, and walks in the stroller! ( did I just post a "singles" add?) LOL

Kane is, well..Kane! He still has an attachment issue which I think I will be dealing with until he is married! He is adjusting pretty well to his new sister but still gets quite upset when she starts to cry. The poking and prodding has just started and I find myself sitting on the edge of my seat, praying that he isn't going to "launch" his finger straight through her eye! He has two more teeth coming in and it's apparent that they are making him miserable. Today he followed me around and whined non-stop. try dealing with that on little to no sleep!

Jenna is doing well as usual. So far the nasty flu bug has skipped over this house and I continue to pray that it will not decide to stop and visit. On March 30th Jenna made her First Penance at school. That is just the beginning of the many communions and such to come. She did a great job and held herself together when having to go into confession- as usual we are very proud of her. The activities are pretty much over for this year. Bowling is done,as is basketball and Brownies only have a few meetings left.
As for Marc and I, we are fine. I thought the adjustment period would be longer with three kids but it really is true when people say it's harder to go from one to two then two to three. Marc is back to work so I am on my own at night. It's tough and I got spoiled for this last week and a half with splitting shifts! He is still looking for something part time until his driving picks up more. Hopefully with it getting closer to summer, the driving shifts will pick up and he will get back to doing what he enjoys. I on the other hand am looking forward to getting the summer rolling and enjoying some outdoor fresh air in the next few months!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Time sure does fly! Kendra is beautiful and getting so big. Congratulations Jenna on your first pennance!!! WTG! Kane is too funny and so sweet rocking his lil' sister.